Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Weighing in on Ethiopia/Somalia


Update 2: Somali Troops and their Ethiopian Allies have retaken the capital:

Triumphant Somali government forces and their Ethiopian allies marched into Mogadishu on Thursday after Islamist rivals abandoned the war-scarred city they held for six months. . ."We have been defeated. I have removed my uniform. Most of my comrades have also changed into civilian clothes," one former SICC fighter told Reuters. "Most of our leaders have fled."


Update: There is talk of taking Mogadishu
without a fight.

Dramatic events unfolding in the current Ethiopia/Islamic Courts Union conflict.

Hugh Hewitt has a great post with links and analysis here.

2 comments:

2164th said...

I put your post up at the elephant. you should get a few more guests taking a peak. thanks for stopping by.

Bob W. said...

Whit,

Thanks for the feedback. . . but I am not sure where you put my post? I just checked ou the elephant bar, and the only new thing I see is the Gerald Ford post, FYI.